Having heart-healthy benefits and skin-loving nutrients and its unique versatility in recipes and making snack times extra delicious makes avocado one of our favorite fruits.
Here are the 15 reasons why you should love avocado too:
1. It fits all diets! – Avocado is one of the foods that you can add to any weight loss programs. It contains a variety of nutrients that your body needs and has no bad influence on your health in any way.
2. It is nutrient dense – Avocados are full of beneficial nutrients that can enhance the nutrient quality of your meals.
3. Avocado makes an awesome spread – You can substitute butter and margarine with the alternative, spread of avocado. Not only it will taste great, but you will also boost your nutrient intake.
4. You’ll never need a substitute – Good thing about avocados is that they are always in season and you can enjoy them throughout the whole
5. It is super versatile – Known is known for its use in dips, guacamole and other savory dishes. However, avocados are appearing more and more in sweet dishes like ganache, chocolate mousse, smoothies and ice cream.
6. It is low in sugar – Avocado may be a fruit, but it contains less than 1g of sugar per ounce.
7. Avocados make great baby food – Avocado is firm enough for tiny fingers, yet mashable and soft enough to be gentle on gums. It is rich in fiber, healthy fats and other healthy nutrients. It makes a great addition to your baby’s first foods.
8. It is full of healthy fats – Over 75% of the fat content in an avocado is great for your heart. Consuming more of these unsaturated fats is better for your heart than eating low fat.
9. Avocado boosts your eye health – Avocados contain approximately 81mg of zeaxanthin and lutein, which are antioxidants that support eye health.
10. It stimulates your brain and nervous system – 1 serving of avocado contains 3.5g of unsaturated fat that is required to maintain a healthy brain and stimulate nervous system development
11. It makes all things creamy and delicious – If you want some dish to be thicker and creamier you can simply add avocado.
12. Avocado will help you regulate your cholesterol – Avocados are the richest known fruit source of phytosterols, a natural plant compound that competes with dietary cholesterol absorption.
13. Avocado contains nutrients that are essential for a healthy pregnancy – Because of the high levels of Vitamin B, E, folate, iron, fiber and choline; avocado is great for both yourself and your baby throughout the entire pregnancy.
14. Avocado contains more potassium than a banana – Bananas are widely known for the high levels of potassium. However, avocado contains 485mg of potassium per 100g, which is 127mg more than bananas.
15. You can make ice cream with avocado – A brilliant, dairy-free, vegan alternative to store-bought ice cream varieties. Simply blend 1/2 an avocado and a squeeze of lime juice with 2 tbsp of maple syrup and 1 cup of your milk of choice and pour into ice block molds and freeze. Delicious!