We all strive to have that radiant, glowing skin that makes us look healthier and younger. Skin damage is most of the times irreversible, thus the need to take care of it. Below you can see a list of 16 habits that will help you protect your skin. Some of them are easy and you can have fun doing it.
1. Exfoliating – Regular exfoliation of your entire body is a great start in preserving your skin’s health.You can choose any type you want as long as you are doing it. Rub it over your skin in a circular motion to remove dead skin cells.
2. Moisturizing – Moisturizing your skin is easily done and should not be skipped. Just carry a moisturizing cream or lotion with you wherever you go.
3. Washing your face before sleeping (preferably with cleanser) – Wash your face with some cleanser or warm water before going to bed to remove oil, bacteria and pollution residue from the pores of the skin.
4. UV protection – UV protection is one important step since ultraviolet radiation is the main cause of early wrinkling, age spots and in some cases even skin cancer.
5. Hydration – Drinking a lot of water helps your skin to function optimally. Dehydration leads to reduced elasticity and purity.
6. Using Aloe Vera – Applying a small amount of pure aloe vera gel on your face twice a week prevents wrinkles and fine lines from appearing.
7. Avoiding stressful situations – Anxiety has a devastating effect on our overall health. Stress alone is a known cause of several health issues including some skin conditions.
8. Proper cleansing – Start by removing your make-up at night. Avoiding this will clog your pores and make your skin dull and irritated.
9. Detoxification – Make this smoothie that can stimulate detoxification. Blend some beets with some orange juice, a carrot, an apple, half a cucumber and a little celery. This smoothie will help hydrate your skin and help flush away toxins from your body.
10. More exercise – A good workout stimulates skin renewal process.
11. Good sleep – When you sleep your cells are regenerating and your skin regains its elasticity and firmness. Take care of yourself and get the rest you deserve.
12. Face masks – There are several natural masks that you can use. An oatmeal mask is beneficial to those with oily skin. Clay (mud) mask is also good for oily skin. Avocado mask is beneficial to those with dry and itchy skin. Honey and papaya mask is beneficial to those who have several issues. Gelatin mask can help remove any blackheads from your face. Use it twice a month for optimal results.
13. Biotin – This vitamin stimulates cell regeneration and renewal and makes your nails grow faster.
14. Cucumber – Cucumber is your ally. Cucumber does wonders for your skin. Cucumber juice soothes and rejuvenates your skin and makes your face fresh and glowing.
15. Tea bags – Place wet tea bags over your eyes to reduce dark circles and puffiness. We also recommend using green tea as a face toner twice a week — it tightens pores and has an antibacterial and anti-aging effect.
16. Quality makeup – Choose your beauty products carefully and remember that your skin absorbs anything you put on it.