This is the right dessert for all oatmeal lovers. Banana oat cake is easy to prepare and is made with less sugar which makes it very good for people who are on a diet. Foods made from oats, reduce the risk of diabetes, lower cholesterol, reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and stabilize blood sugar.
- 1 cup (250 ml ) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of oat flakes
- 1 cup of mashed bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1.5 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease the baking pan. Mix together the flour, oat flakes, salt and baking powder. In a separate bowl, mix the banana with melted butter and vanilla, until smooth.
- Add the banana mixture into the flour mixture and mix well, until you get a thick batter for the dessert. Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cover the banana dessert with a cloth, leave it for 10 minutes and then cut into pieces.
- If you want crunchy crust, during baking you can pour a mixture of: 3/4 cup oats, 1/3 cup brown sugar , grated zest of half lemon, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 tablespoon flour, 1 / 3 chopped walnuts, 4 tablespoons softened butter. Mix all this together, sprinkle it on top of the cake and bake.