How to eliminate Dandruff is a common scalp condition that many people believe that it is caused by poor hygiene, but this is not true. Infrequent shampooing can make dandruff more obvious, but the case appears to be complex.
If you have already tried shampooing and other hair products to eliminate dandruff but it doesn’t go away, try out these simple natural remedies:
3-4 tablespoons castor oil
- Lightly warm up the oil and apply it on your scalp and hair.
- Massage your scalp for a couple of minutes so that the oil gets absorbed easily.
- Leave it on overnight and rinse your hair as usual in the morning.
Do this before going to bed.
Ricinoleic acid as well as ricin present in castor vegetable oil possess antimicrobial properties that treat skin condition caused by infections such as dandruff. Castor oil that is made from Castor oil plant is a humectant that keeps scalp and the hair moisturized. You can get rid or eliminate dandruff and also get silky, shiny hair with this remedy.
If you have a sensitive scalp, dilute castor oil with equal parts of coconut oil or olive oil before applying.
Neem And Olive Oil
- A few dried neem leaves
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Crush the neem leaves to a powder.
- Mix the powder and olive oil in a bowl.
- Apply the paste to your scalp.
- Leave it on for about an hour. Then, wash your hair with shampoo and apply conditioner.
You can apply the paste at night and shampoo your hair in the morning.
Neem leaves (especially their extracts) have excellent anti-fungal properties that can be used in the treatment and to eliminate dandruff. They also have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Your scalp might itch when you apply the paste. This sensation is normal, and there is no need to worry about it.
Orange Peel Pack
- A few dry oranges peel
- 5-6 tablespoons lemon juice
- Put the orange peels and lemon juice into a food processor. Blend the ingredients till you get a smooth paste.
- Gently apply the paste to your scalp and leave it on for about 30 minutes.
Post that, rinse it off with your usual shampoo.
Do this in the morning, while you take a bath. You can follow this remedy twice to thrice every week.
The orange peel has acidic properties that help reduce excess oil and condition the scalp. This eventually helps treat dandruff.
Coconut and Honey Scalp Scrub
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- two teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3 teaspoons yogurt
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl to get a paste of medium consistency. You can add a little more of yogurt or honey in case the paste is still runny, this will thicken the paste.
- Apply the paste to your scalp and gently massage it. Rub it from the roots to the tips of your hair.
- Continue massaging for about 10 minutes.
- Leave it on for about 30-45 minutes, and then rinse it out using shampoo.
Once done, with a soft towel pat your hair dry and apply a few drops of coconut oil to your hair and scalp.
Do this in the morning, before taking a bath.
Coconut helps in preserving the hair’s natural proteins and is also known to eliminate dandruff. According to an Italian study, honey is owing antimicrobial properties which makes it suitable ingredient for treating dandruff.
Remember not to rinse your hair with the shampoo more than twice. Doing it more than twice can strip your scalp of the moisture provided by the mask.
1 cup plain yogurt
- Shampoo your hair and rinse.
- Apply the yogurt to your scalp and leave it on for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse your hair and wash again using a small amount of shampoo.
Do this in the morning, while taking a bath.
The yeast within our bodies triggers inflammation. This results in the build-up of yeast on the skin. Boosting the friendly bacteria inside our digestive systems can reduce the yeast within our bodies. Yogurt (yoghurt, or yoghourt) is a widely enjoyed dairy product that is perfect sources of necessary friendly bacteria, and it prevents scaling of the scalp. As a good source of probiotics, it could be one of the ideal dandruff remedies.