Kale is one of the healthiest vegetables on Earth. Highly nutritious and an excellent source of calcium, magnesium, vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C, fiber, iron, folic acid and antioxidants lutein and flavonoid. The best thing about kale is that it is available throughout the whole year.
Prepare a delicious and healthy recipe with kale and millet!
- 200 g kale leaves
- 50 g millet
- 1 egg
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 50 g oat bran
- little salt, black pepper and spices (optional)
- little bread crumbs
- little sesame seeds
- Wash the kale leaves, remove the middle part of each leaf, cut them into larger pieces and put to boil in salted water. Boil until the leaves soften, but they shouldn’t be too soft also. They need about 10-15 minutes to cook. Once the leaves are softened, drain them and leave to cool.
- In the same time, wash the millet well with water, drain through a strainer and put in a pot with salted water to boil. The ratio of millet and water is 1 : 2 (in this case you will need 100 ml of water). Millet needs 10-15 minutes to cook. Once the millet is boiled, leave to cool.
- Take the boiled kale leaves and cut into small pieces. Then add millet, egg, chopped garlic, salt, black pepper and spices and stir. Add slowly oat bran to this mixture and stir well. If the mixture is soft enough, you can form the croquettes with your hands. Roll each croquet into a mixture of breadcrumbs with a little sesame seeds.
- Arrange the croquettes into a pan lined with parchment paper and coated with butter. Place the pan in preheated oven at 230 degrees and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.