Did you know that leeks lowers cholesterol, strengthens the immune system and melt those unwanted extra pounds? These are enough reasons to learn how to prepare this delicious and healthy leek and potato soup.
- 600g potatoes
- 2 leeks
- 30-40g butter
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 100ml milk
- 100ml cooking cream
- Little parsley, salt, pepper
- 1 baguette
- Wash and clean the leeks, and then chop into small circles. Wash, peel and chop the potatoes into cubes.
- In large pot melt 30 g butter, add leeks and potatoes and cook for a few minutes. Add the stock cube and allow the soup to heat for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from fire, add milk and cooking cream and using a hand blender, blend the soup. Season to taste and return to fire for 10 minutes or until you get the required density.
- Meanwhile, slice the baguette and bake the slices for a few minutes on a grill pan. Serve the soup with baguette slices on top and sprinkle a little parsley.