Cabbage is one of the few, if not the only natural food ingredient that people managed to improve and increase the nutritional properties through a process of pickling called lacto-fermentation. Sauerkraut is rich in potassium, iron, magnesium, sulfur and copper, which makes it very useful for our health.
Through the process of fermentation cabbage produces extremely active cobalamin (vitamin B12), which otherwise can be found only in food of animal origin. For this reason, sauerkraut is inevitable ingredient for vegetarians.
Studies have shown that sauerkraut contains large amounts of vitamin C (100 g cabbage has 50 mg of vitamin C). Moreover, sauerkraut hides real wealth of pyridoxine (vitamin B6) and is a rich source of niacin (vitamin B3), which is required for the complete metabolism, energy and exchange of substances in the brain.
Health benefits of sauerkraut juice
It is known that sauerkraut juice is a beverage that is recommended as a remedy for problems associated with digestion, as well as a folk remedy to reduce swelling of the joints.
Sauerkraut juice is rich with vitamin C and mixed with carrot juice and turnip is great beverage for those who have calcium deficiency. It is also recommended for middle-aged women to prevent osteoporosis.
- Improves mood
- Reduces stress
- Activates brain metabolism
- Assists in the creation of red blood cells
- Stimulates the work of the cells and rejuvenates them
- Helps to strengthen bones
- Regulates and reduces the amount of fatty substance and cholesterol in blood
- Strengthens the immune system and increases muscular strength
- Contributes to the recovery of obsolete connective tissue